Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break - Macon Style


Girls in downtown Macon

Due to a variety of circumstances (weather, Bryan working, saving money, and others) we decided to stay in town for Spring Break this year. I knew if I didn't have something planned for us to do every day, that the kids would go nuts (or maybe it was me that would go nuts)! Either way, we kept ourselves busy. On Monday, we went to the park, and the girls painted and decorated the ULTIMATE toy of all time...a huge cardboard box. On Tuesday, I took the girls to the Museum of Arts and Sciences. They loved it, especially when the cockatoo pooped on the floor and when they got to see the Madagascar "History" (Hissing) Cockroaches. On Wednesday, Mom and I braved the rain and took the kids to the Georgia Children's Museum. Thursday was our inside day...water, water everywhere!! We dyed Easter eggs and had indoor egg hunts. On Friday, I must have been super desperate to get out after staying inside all day on Thursday because I VOLUNTARILY took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese. I am glad that it doesn't take much to amuse my children, because we really didn't do anything spectacular. At the end of the week, Avery told me, "Mommy, this was the best Spring Break EVER!!"
Museum of Arts & Sciences

Showing off their creative sides

Dressed up in kimonos at the GA Children's Museum

Asa @ GA Children's Museum
So proud of their beautiful eggs!

No comments: