Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Holly Jolly Christmas

Well, the Christmas hustle and bustle have already hit around my house, so much so, that I haven't had much time to blog. Some of the highlights so far (in chronological order)...

1. I enjoyed my "Promise" marathon week. Practice with the IBC choir for 2 nights and then the production for 3 nights. Avery was a huge fan and came to see it 3 out of 4 times. On the first night, I was walking out on stage to sing with my ladies quartet, and I heard, "Hey MOMMY!!" I ignored her, not wanting to be distracted, and she yelled out, "HEY MOMMY" again. Needless to say, she spent the whole song moping over the fact that I didn't say hey back. I guess it's time to teach her a little about "theatre etiquitte."

2. Some of those everyday moments that you just HAVE to snap pictures of - like Brynn falling asleep during dinner at her little table. (see picture below) Or what about when I walked up and Asa had a highchair tray full of Cherrios (the culprit? Brynn, of course). She said, "But Asa wants some more Cherrios." What you CAN'T see is that there were hundreds in his seat, and the box was now empty. Thanks, Brynn!



Then there was the day when I rounded to corner to find my Christmas tree on the living room floor! Avery said, "I'm sorry I knocked over the Christmas Tree." I was so mad I had to send her to her room so I could cool down! We got it fixed (though I haven't put all the ornaments back on), and Avery said with a pout, "Mommy, I said I was sorry, and you didn't forgive me." Guess I can't be mad anymore. But the fact that I CHOSE not to take a picture of it prooves how upset I was. The thought entered my mind, but I deliberately didn't get out the camera! Now I wish I did....
Of course, Asa picks this crazy time of year to start climbing up on everything. He can climb up on the sofa, or a small chair, or the girls' art desk. He has sustained quite a few injuries. (No, one of them wasn't when I was snapping this picture, thank the Lord!)


3. We had our first family Christmas gathering last Sunday at Mom & Papa's with the Kitchings side of the family, and guess who showed up? Santa Claus!! Brynn ran up to him and jumped into his arms, and Avery was nothing but smiles. The kids all enjoyed singing "Happy Birthday to Jesus" and eating birthday cake, and the adults had a "Dirty Santa" gift swap that was fun.
4. Avery's Broadway Show Choir had their holiday performance at MLT. She did a great job. We bought her roses and gave them to her afterwards, and she thought that was great!


5. For my birthday (which was in September), Dad and Hope gave me 2 tickets to see Annie at the Grand. Avery and I went on a date to El Sombrero and then to the play afterwards. We had great seats, and Avery loved every minute of it. Afterwards, we went around to the back of the building and got to meet the cast and Sandy!

6. Avery and Brynn both had Christmas parties at school, and Avery's Christmas program was amazing! The 4K and 5K classes did a great job of celebrating Jesus' Birthday! Avery was originally on the front row, but she got moved because she kept on pulling her dress up. She also told Mrs. Ruth that if the little girl who sang the solo was sick, she could do it because she knew all the words! I was surprised that she would even WANT to do a solo because she clams up in front of an audience.

7. On Saturday, we had our Christmas gathering with the Harrison side of the family in Marietta. It was alot of fun. The cousins enjoyed playing together and the only mishap was that Brynn cut a hole in her dress with some scissors! Better dress than hair, I'll say!

8. Throughout the month, we have done dozens of crafts, baked cookies and cakes, had great times with our advent wreath and our advent house - all in order to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas. This has definitely been a great one so far! And there is still so much more fun to come!!! This truly is the BEST time of the year!

No comments: