Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy 12th Anniversary!

Our 12th anniversary was Sunday, and Mom and Papa kept the kids for us to have a nice relaxing weekend at home ALONE! It was wonderful to be able to sleep in, go out to dinner AND lunch, and just listen to peace and quiet for a change. On Saturday, Papa called and said Avery was complaining of a headache, and she wanted to come home. We figured she was just homesick, and she ended up feeling better that day. But she woke up in the middle of the night on Saturday night crying. By Sunday morning, she had a low fever, so they brought her home. As soon as she saw me, she started crying about her head. I held her for maybe 5 minutes, and she started saying her tummy hurt. Then she got this look on her face and I knew what was coming! She starting puking all over me. I was holding her while she threw up 4 times on me from the living room to the bathroom. Poor baby; it was so awful! We both hopped in the shower, while my WONDERFUL husband completely sanitized the bathroom and my parents cleaned up the mess in the living room. So, I spent my 12th anniversay taking care of a kid with the stomach virus. That night, instead of a romantic evening with my husband, it was Bryan, me and Avery in the bed. I told Bryan that night, this kindof typifies our life stage right now, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Happy Anniversay, baby! You're still the greatest husband in the world, and it is a joy sharing life with you!

No comments: