Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm SICK of This!!

Well, since I last posted on our anniversary, we've had our share of sick kids! Avery's stomach virus turned out to be fine after about 12 hours. My parents kept all 3 kids for us to go out on New Year's Eve, and shortly after they brought them home, I was with Asa in the kitchen when he started throwing up. He threw up all over me while I tried to get him to the bathtub. I thought he was done, but he puked on me one MORE time before we both had to hop into the shower. Don't know how it is that I'm like some kind of puke magnet. I'm always holding them when it happens. Asa's bug only lasted about 12 hours too, but I had to take him to Dr. Vernon the next day for his ears. He's on his 4th round of antibiotics, and if these don't work, we'll be visiting the ENT center. Amazingly, no one else got sick until this past Wednesday when Avery started complaining again. The virus hit her for round 2 and then Asa started up again yesterday!! The second round, they both only threw up once, and luckily it wasn't on me this time. Avery did completely drench our sofa cushions though. At least my new sofa is scheduled to arrive NEXT week! She thinks we are getting a new sofa "because I throwded up on the old one!" (love that verb usage, don't you, Mom?) As of now, that's all from OUR house that have gotten sick, but I'm sorry to say that Grandpapa, Grandma Shirley and PaPa have each had it too in the last 2 days, compliments of my kids! Gotta hate that!!

No comments: