Wednesday, January 14, 2009

No More Diapers for Brynn!!


HOORAY!!! I am no longer diapering 2 bottoms at the same time! Brynn decided that she was ready for big girl panties! (Yes, I've learned to let my children decide when they're ready, as opposed to frustrating the heck out of myself doing the "potty training" thing.) I tried to potty train Avery in a day, and I quit the same day! Then, a few months later, Avery told me "I'm ready to wear my panties, " and that was it! I decided to take the same approach with Brynn. She has been going to the potty every so often up until now, but in the last few days, it's become a regular thing. It's been interesting this go round with Avery being so involved in the process. She's Brynn's #1 cheerleader, standing right there peering into the toilet to see if Brynn was successful. Such a funny sight to see. Whatever happened to PRIVACY?

So, time to celebrate!!! We had a "No More Diapers for Brynn" party with a cake and candles and sang No More Diapers For You...to the tune of Happy Birthday! Brynn felt very important and special...like a BIG GIRL!!

1 comment:

HJW said...

What a GREAT idea...love it!