Friday, August 14, 2009

An Unusual House Guest


A few days ago, I heard this squealing and thought there was a bird in the house, but it turned out to be a baby squirrel that had fallen down our chimney. He was really kindof freaky looking…like a rat or something! I managed to get up the guts to pick up the thing, and we tried to give it some milk with a medicine dropper. The kids loved on him for a little bit before putting him out for Mama to come get. I had read on the internet that the best place for him was back with his mom, and I saw her sitting in the top of the chimney like she was looking for him. (Or at least that's what I convinced myself and the kids of). I also read on the internet that you have to feed a baby squirrel every 2 hours! I didn’t feed my OWN KIDS every 2 hours, much less a squirrel (and definitely NOT the night before school started)! The kids were really hoping mama'd leave him for us to raise, but the next day, he was gone. I’d like to think the mom came for him, but I’ll never really know. It was fun for a while though!

1 comment:

HappyascanB said...

What a crazy looking baby squirrel! Kinda neat!!!