Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Weekend Without Bryan

I must say that I have wondered how I would handle this weekend when it finally arrived. Bryan was at the beach with his buddies since Thursday, and I've had the kids by myself. You have to know that in the past, when Bryan has even been gone for the night, I have run over to my parents to spend the night. So, you see, I've never really had to do this by myself. I guess I wanted to see if I could really handle it. Well, it's Sunday, and I am happy to say that I have survived...(but not without a little help!) Here's a not so brief summary of the weekend.

OK, now don't go writing me off yet - I DID spend Thursday night at my parents, but it was because Papa K was taking all three kids to school on Friday morning since I had to be at work at 8:00. At 10:15, I got a call from Asa's teacher that he had the runs, and I had to go pick him up. Normally, Bryan would've been able to handle this, BUT not this time. I had to leave work to go get him, and then I took him over to my father in law, Al's, house, so I could go back to work. By the way, he's not sick - just teething. My Mom picked them all up at noon and took them back to my house where Hope, my other mom, was keeping them until I got home. The weekend has just started, and already I've used all THREE sets of grandparents!!! You have NO IDEA how blessed I am to have grandparents in town! I honestly don't know what I'd do without them! When I got home, the routine was pretty much cook supper, bathe the kids, read books, have our devotion, say prayers and go to bed. As expected, Asa and Avery went to sleep GREAT, but Brynn pulled one of her late nighters (see previous post) and didn't fall asleep until about 10:00. I stayed up until 12:30 working on the computer! Why do I do that when I know I have to wake up at the crack of dawn?
Yesterday morning, I took the kids to Burger King where my parents and Aunt Nettie and Uncle Rob usually go in the mornings. We ate and played on the playground before taking the girls on a "field trip." Papa kept Asa, and Mom and I took the girls to Lane Packing Company (with a short detour by Hobby Lobby, of course). We ate lunch at the Peachtree Cafe, played on the playground and tractors, and, of course, ate peach ice cream. We had to take Mom back to her house, and I had to pick up Asa from Papa, so while I was there, I caught a 20 minute power nap to get me ready for the rest of the night. I came back here late afternoon and did the normal night time stuff. This time, Brynn hadn't taken a nap, so she was asleep by 7:30. I was feeling pretty good about myself when I had ALL asleep by 8:30. I was much smarter this time and went to bed at 10:30.
This morning, I got all of the kids up, fed, dressed, and ready for church, and I even got an early enought start to swing by Starbucks for a Mocha! I talked to Bryan on the way home afterwards, and he was ON HIS WAY!! By the time both Brynn and Asa had a nap, and we did a quick "once over" on the house, it was almost time for his arrival. He ended up getting home around 3:30, much to our delight!

So, there you have it! Obviously, I couldn't have done it without the help of ALL the grandparents! Hats off to my friends who have to do this ALL THE TIME without help!) We did nothing really spectacular, but I MADE it! All of this while keeping the house clean, cooking supper, nursing boo-boos, doing 4 loads of laundry, being a household referree, washing/unloading dishes, building forts and castles, creating 2 photo books on Shutterfly, finishing a layout in Brynn's scrapbook, proofing a birthday invitation for Asa's First Birthday party, babysitting Avery's class mascot "Friendly Frog" for the weekend & typing up his journal, having my OWN devotional times, making sure that our Webkins are taken care of, and finally posting a blog to tell all about it! I have to say, I feel like I have passed the test. (For the record, I NEVER ONCE got on Facebook!! Maybe that's why I actually GOT something done!)

And lest you say, when do YOU get a weekend with YOUR friends at the beach? Well, I'm leaving for Fernandina on Thursday. Stay tuned for Bryan's weekend without Julie...I may even make him type up the post!!

No comments: