Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Weekend Without Julie (posted by Bryan)....

Well, it's better late than never, but here is what Bryan had to say about his weekend without me when I went to Fernandina with my girlfriends...

Okay, so Julie goes away for the weekend with her girlfriends, and I'm keeping the kids. So how was it for me?
First of all, Julie left on a Thurday around noon. So when she takes a weekend, she takes a weekend. I kept Asa while the girls went to Athena Leskovic's house and played. I took advantage of a nap, about a half hour, while Asa was asleep. Then I delivered him to Grandmommy so I could work a little more. Picked them up after work, brought them home. Night's almost over right? Wrong.
Brynn would NOT stay in her bed! No matter what I did, she would not. I spanked her over and over again to no avail. After spanking Brynn who knows how many times for getting out of bed (literally Brynn would not obey), Brynn fell asleep. Avery was still awake, and I asked her why in the world did Brynn keep getting out of bed when I kept spanking her? Avery said, "Because she's 2." I laughed and told Avery that sometimes God speaks through the mouth of a child, and I think He just did.
It was awesome. After that night's battle royal with Brynn, she was the first to wake up. She came in the bedroom, and I asked if she wanted to get into my bed. She said yes, and we just laid there together, and I loved on her. Then she said, "I love you." It was awesome b/c I was so concerned about last night's stuff. The first (or one of the first) words out of her mouth were "I love you." How great is that? Even in discipline, per God's word, she felt loved.
So I take them to the Tattnall homecoming game. Avery wants to wear a cheerleading outfit. The only one she has is a Georgia cheerleading outfit. Brynn wears Avery's old TSA cheerleading outfit.
Tripp has his jersey retired before the game, and during the ceremony I recognize a wailing cry over the crowd. . . it's Avery. I have to leave the ceremony to go take care of Avery who scratched her leg.
Go back to the ceremony, finish up. Asa's got a poo-poo. I change it, and then I cannot find Brynn. They're doing the invocation before the game and I'm the only person walking around looking for someone. Shawn finally sees her on the field near one of the end zones. We stay till halftime. It's late, so I let the girls sleep in their cheerleading outfits.
Wake up the next morning, cook pancakes upon Avery's insistence. Then she doesn't eat any b/c Brynn poked her in the hand with a fork. Brynn also decided to pour the syrup on the dining room table.

Off to Tanner's football game . . . of course in the cheerleading outfits. I guess if it were up to me I'd probably change their clothes only twice per week. Grandma Shirley bought the kids pizza, and Avery gave me "your favorite part" (the crust).
Went to Arby's for lunch (a big deal for me b/c I've never taken all three of them out to lunch on my own before). Got the car washed (which it needed) and the kids loved that. Off to Burns Park (it's hard to swing three kids . . . kinda like that guy that spins like 20 plates on sticks). Back home, nap time for Asa, and though I try to get some shut-eye, Avery and Brynn decide they want to get in bed with me and cut up. Baths, off to Grandma Shirley's for spaghetti, and back home.
Somewhere along the line I find during the weekend a roll of toilet paper undone and stuffed into the toilet. I wonder who would have done that? Asa's not coordinated enough, and Avery is, at her age, too responsible. That leaves me or Brynn.

Off to church on Sunday. I take Grandma Shirley and Papa up on their invitation to go to S&S Cafeteria. Man was that crazy! In the middle of that long wait line, Avery has to go to the potty. She holds it as long as she can until "it's about to come out!" Grandma Shirley takes her to the bathroom, leaving me and Papa with Brynn and Asa and 4 trays of food. When we sit down, Asa's fussy, Brynn just wants jello or Papa's congealed salad, alot of screaming, crying, and craziness and we're out of there. It was chaotic, but it was wierd, after the whole thing, I told God that it was awesome. It's one of those things you look back on and laugh, and count your blessings.
Mommy came home to a clean house (picked up about 2 hours before she arrived). It was a fun weekend, but having Mommy around sure helps!
- Daddy

No comments: