Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sound Asleep

I am uniquely blessed in the fact that my kids are REALLY hard sleepers. Maybe it's because I made it a point never to tiptoe around them when they were babies, so they learned to adjust to a somewhat noisy environment. There are 2 things that I absolutely LOVE about this: First, I can pick them up and move them around while they are asleep, and they won't wake up. If they fall asleep in the car, I just carry them inside. If they're asleep in their beds, I can go in and pick them up and hold them or rock them. I LOVE sneaking them out of bed and bringing them into my room to snuggle (I get to enjoy cuddling up to them, and they don't wake up to realize it and get spoiled!) I can also get really cute pictures of all three of them when they're asleep because I just wait till they're out and then position them however I want to.

The second thing that I love about them being hard sleepers is that they can fall asleep just about anywhere - on the floor, in the car, on the couch, in the highchair, and even inside a box!! Last night, Avery came into my room and asked, "Where's Brynn?" (They share a bedroom). I asked, "She's not in her bed?" Avery said "no," so I went in the room and looked. Then Avery said, "Oh, here she is...asleep inside this box." I looked inside, and sure enough, there was Brynn fast asleep in a box.

It got me thinking about all of the funny places I've caught them sleeping, so I decided to round up some pictures - old and new.

Brynn in the box - 9/26/08
I came home one night from PTO at school, and Brynn had fallen asleep on the floor. Bryan left her there for me to see! 9/7/08

Left: Asa fell asleep right in his ExerSaucer - 6/15/08
Right: Too pooped to even eat! 3/2/08

Christmas Eve 2007 - YES, they are REALLY asleep.
Christmas Card pic of the girls in 2006. They didn't even wake up when Bryan and I were manipulating those hats to look just PERFECT!

Avery fell asleep while watching a movie in our living room chair - 3/16/07
Avery read herself to sleep. 6/19/07

Avery was so tired after gymnastics one day, that she crashed on the sofa. 5/10/07.
OK, I guess you get the idea! I could literally look for pictures forever because there are dozens of them....

1 comment:

HJW said...

OK...Brynn with her IBC Bible in that deep box is too cute!

I love how Avery sleeps like she's in the womb with her legs under her!

And, Asa, I love the tough guy bib...he looks SO tough asleep-ha!