Monday, July 13, 2009

Hilton Head Vacation - A Family Tradition

One of my favorite summer highlights is my family's vacation to Hilton Head. This was our 26th summer, so it's almost getting to the point where MY kids are the same age as I was when we started vacationing there. One of the reasons why it's so great is because a lot of my extended family goes as well. This year, it was my parents, us, Chrissy and her kids, Aunt Jeanie and Lee, Traci and her kids, Aunt Nettie and Uncle Rob, Tosha and her kids, Clark and Sara, Uncle Mike and Aunt Gale and Bailey. If you really want to know, in all that's 26 of us! It's so much fun because I just LOVE my family, and I love to spend time with them...it doesn't matter what we do. Highlights from this year were celebrating the 4th of July, fireworks at Shelter Cove, LOTS of time on the beach together, going on bike rides, swimming at the pool, eating low country boil, going to hear Gregg Russell at Harbour Town, eating watermelon, taking "family pictures" on the beach, going for walks in the mornings, and just hanging out at night talking and laughing. Thanks Mom and Papa for another WONDERFUL trip! I already can't wait until next year! I took about 500 pictures (deleted about 200) and still have so many that I want to post that I decided to try a slideshow. Enjoy!

1 comment:

HappyascanB said...

Those pics are precious! Looks like y'all truly did have a great time! The girls' dresses are beautiful! Love the family pics, too. Asa is precious in his little man outfit, too! Each of your children is so beautiful in his / her own way! And I love your haircut!!!