Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Didn't Sleep At ALL Last Night!

Some nights at our house are so ridiculous it's comical. Last night was one of those. Bryan and I stayed up until midnight talking (which often proves to be a poor judgment call). At 3:30, Brynn came walking into our room, scared to death because she said she saw a cockroach. Bryan got up to handle that situation (thank you, honey) and by that time, Avery was awake as well. It took him about 15 minutes to get the girls settled down before he came back to bed. I went back to sleep, only to wake up at 5:30 because Asa was crying. Bryan offered to take care of this as well (yes, I have a great husband) because he had NOT even gone back to sleep. It took him about 30 minutes to get Asa back to sleep. Bryan had the clock set for 6, so 3 1/2 hours of sleep is all he got (don't know HOW he's gonna make it today.) I woke up this morning at about 7:15, and the tendancy was for me to think about how tired I was, but God gave me one of those sweet reminders that He often gives to keep me from complaining. I went in to check on the girls at about 8:00, and they were both asleep together in Brynn's crib. They looked so sweet, and I could just imagine the 2 of them scared of cockroaches, so they decided to sleep together to calm their fears. With our children the ages they are, it's rare that we get a full night's sleep without someone waking up at night. It's mentally and physically exhausting, but today I was able to look past that and just appreciate my children, even if I didn't sleep at ALL last night!