Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend in SSI

This was our first trip to St. Simons since last fall, and the girls were so excited! They had been asking for weeks when they were going to get to go to the beach, and to make it even better...they were going with their cousins!! It is always fun going with Shawn, Ash and their kids because they all play so well together. They don't fight or whine (well, not as MUCH), and it's just EASY! Asa really enjoyed the beach this year, now that he's 19 months old. He had fun playing in the sand or in holes and taking a nap. He and Carson played really well together. The girls played out in the ocean on the boogie boards, and Baylor and Avery climbed on the rocks a lot. We spent all day on the beach both days and cooked dinner at the house, so we all spent most of the vacation in our bathing suits and PJ's....Ashley's and my recipe for a PERFECT vacation! Shawn was our chef for the weekend, making spaghetti on Saturday night and a great chicken dish on Sunday. He even made chocolate pancakes one morning! What a guy!! I was telling Ash while we were there how this is just the beginning of MANY years of summer vacations we spend together at Myra's house. What a blessing!!!

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I enjoyed reading your blog today.
I love all the new blogs
I have found. Quite a unique group.
I love making new blogging friends..
I have several Disney posts already on my blog and have several more to post. Hope you will stop by for a visit.