Saturday, October 10, 2009

Avery Lately....

I have been so busy lately that I haven't been very good about updating my blog. There have been some things I've been meaning to post, but I haven't gotten around to it. For starters, I have a few stories about Avery that I don't want to forget.

The other day, we had this conversation:
Avery: Mommy, I don't know who I'm gonna marry.
Me: Well, you have a WHILE before you have to decide that, but when you do, you need to make sure that he loves WHO more than anyone else?
Avery: ME!!
Me: Well, that's true, but I was talking about him loving GOD more than anything.
Avery: Like Daddy does.
Me: Yep, like Daddy. (The conversation is sweet enough at this point, but there's more.)
Avery: And he needs to know LOTS about the Bible.
Me: Yep, that'd be great too!
Avery: Well then, I know! I'll marry......Caden, because he knows LOTS about the Bible. (Caden is her friend from 4K last year, and he goes to our church.)

I am quickly learning why other moms LIMIT the number of activities their kids are involved in. I think I will have to take their lead from now on, as we are so busy with Avery right now (and we still have 2 more). She is taking ballet, which she loves, and is also involved in the Xtreme Kids Praise Team at church. She loves to sing the songs and do the motions, and I love watching her worship the Lord. She was able to lead Kids Worship a couple of Sundays ago, and this past Wednesday night, she and the rest of the Xtreme Kids Praise Team led in the BIG ROOM! She thought it was the greatest! She was in the back, so the pic is not too good, but you get the idea.


Avery has also been playing Upward Soccer. She has enjoyed it each week, but today (Game 5), it was like something clicked. She was a MACHINE out there....so aggressive and always after the ball. The coaches asked if we had "NO FEAR" tattooed on her! The highlight was when she SCORED A GOAL!!!! She immediately looked at us to see our response and came running to give us five! It was fun to see her shine and take the game seriously. In previous games, she was known to bust out in somersaults in the middle of the game, so this was a total turnaround! Some of the pictures from the game show JUST how intense she was. LOVE IT!



Check out this face...right after scoring her first GOAL!
Avery's newest obsession is Tattnall cheerleading. There are a couple of girls in her class at school who are involved in the Elementary Cheerleading program, so Avery wants to know when she can be a cheerleader too. Great time to explain how she has to CHOOSE what activities she participates in, and she chose soccer. Anyway, I am hoping that with her recent success in soccer, her interest in that sport will ultimately win out over cheerleading when she makes the choice again next fall, but we will have to see. I have to admit though, she does look pretty stinking cute in her costume when she wears it to the football games! Brynn too (with her tummy hanging over her skirt)!

No comments: