Saturday, October 10, 2009

Asa's 2nd Birthday


Asa turned 2 on October 1st....I can't believe it. The morning of his birthday, he said "teetee potty" and went twice, like he was trying to prove what a big boy he was. Though I am eager NOT to pay for diapers anymore, I am in no rush to potty train or for him to do ANYTHING that makes him not a baby anymore. I wish I could freeze time and keep him just the way he is, but I keep saying that at every phase of his life! So, he can use the potty when he asks, but I'm keeping those diapers on for a while...they are my last!


For his birthday party (on Oct. 4th), we did a Sesame Street theme. There were lots of games for the kids to play, and I made some yummy Sesame Street Treats. When Elmo came (Uncle Shawn dressed up in the costume), Asa took off running in the other direction. I later learned that he thought it was a "big bear." He eventually warmed up to him enough to stand beside him, but would NOT let Elmo hold him. There was a great turnout of family and friends, and we had a super time!
There were tons of fun games on Sesame Street!
Asa wanted to eat the cookie bean bags himself instead of letting Cookie Monster have them.

Avery and Baylor hunt for candy in Oscar's Trash Can.
Carson and Avery pick ducks for a prize in Earnie's Rubber Duckie Pond.

Asa loved playing with the Elmo bean bag toss.


The birthday boy with his grandparents.

"Mom, I'm not so sure about this big red bear!"
Our family with Elmo.


Playing in the bubbles with Elmo.


Sesame Sweets: Elmo Cupcakes, Cookie Monster and Oscar Ice Creams
Asa enjoyed my cupcakes!
Asa and Elmo
Grandmommy and Grandpapa gave Asa a Radio Flyer trike!

3 comments:

The Culbertsons said...

Julie,

You are so creative! What a fun birthday party!

Dianna

Unknown said...

Can you plan and decorate my kids' birthday parties! Great job!

Lynn, Julia and Eliza Grace said...

Hey Julie,
I'm thinking we're going to have to have an Elmo party for Eliza Grace, because she loves him so much. I'd love to borrow a few of your creative ideas. How did you make the face, and eyes on the ice cream, and what is Elmo's nose on the cupcakes!
Julia
juliamullinswood (at) gmail (dot) com