Saturday, October 10, 2009

Teachable Moments

Wednesday night at church, we were eating supper in the fellowship hall and Brynn announced, “Look Mommy, I drawed on my chair.” Sure enough she had created a pen and ink masterpiece on the back of her seat! One part of me was like, “I hope nobody saw that…what they don’t know won’t hurt them," but the other side was telling me, “This is a teachable moment.” SO….I told her that she would have to clean it up, but first she would have to apologize. I looked around the room for one of our pastors, and Mark Hudgins was sitting nearby. She apologized to him, and he lovingly forgave her and encouraged her to clean it up. We also saw Steve Mann the Facilities Manager (and a family friend) and I made her tell him “I’m sorry” as well. (He had to keep from laughing at her). Then we went to the kitchen to get some 409 and a wash cloth. Fortunately, we cleaned it up well enough. Just another day in my life with Brynn!

No comments: