Monday, April 5, 2010

Catch-Up Post #2

If you read my last post, you know that I fell off the blogging train for a while and am trying to catch up, so here are the highlights of February. One of the most EXCITING events of the month was that is SNOWED in Macon. All 3 kids had seen snow last year, but Asa was too little to really enjoy it. This time; however, they all had a ball watching the yard turn into a winter wonderland. They caught snowballs on their tongues, had snowball fights, made snow angels, and built a Bulldog snowman. We even tried going to a nearby park to sled down some hills, but it was pretty much a dud....Rubbermaid container lids just don't compare to a real sled. Anyway, we all had a great time!



On February 19, Avery got to go to her first Father Daughter Dinner at Ingleside. She was so excited to get all gussied up in her new dress and have me do her hair and makeup. Bryan came and picked her up at the front door, like a real date, and he brought her a beautiful bouquet of flowers. She was absolutely GIDDY, and he made her feel like a little princess. It was really sweet. I am so thankful that the two of them had this special date together.


Avery tried out for the Talent Show at Tattnall, and she made it. She was the youngest contestant, and she sang "Do, Re, Mi" from the Sound of Music. I got to watch from backstage, and I tell you, I was a nervous wreck! Avery was just a calm as she could be, but I was definitely a bundle of nerves. She did a FANTASTIC job and made us all very proud!

Lastly, here's a cute picture of Asa that I love. Guess he's inspired by his big sister!

No comments: