Sunday, April 11, 2010

He is RISEN!!


I love Easter! We get into Easter almost as much as Christmas around the Scott house. We've made numerous Easter crafts, opened resurrection eggs, decorated our Easter tree, read books, decorated eggs, been to several egg hunts, and told/retold the Easter story using songs, cooking, crafts, or whatever means possible. It's a wonderful opportunity to teach the kids about what Jesus did for them on the cross and what He accomplished when he rose from the dead. Ingleside had a Family Fun Day on Saturday, and all of the kids enjoyed their egg hunts and playing on the giant inflatables. After that, the kids had portraits made by John Mullis. I haven't gotten to see them yet, but I can't wait. Avery had to wear jeans and her Xtreme Praise t-shirt to church on Sunday, so these were like my "Easter Pictures" since I didn't take any on Sunday. We went to church on Sunday, and both Avery and I were on the praise teams - she in the Xtreme Zone and me in the worship center. After church, we had lunch at Mom and Papa's, and then we came home to open up Easter baskets. The kids LOVED opening up all of their treats. What a wonderful day to celebrate the LIFE we've been given through Christ!

No comments: